El nuevo Reglamento General Europeo de Protección de Datos (GDPR) entrará en vigencia el 25 de mayo de 2018. Queremos asegurarte que epifumi.com se toma en serio sus datos personales y está tomando todas las medidas necesarias para cumplir con esta regulación GDPR. Para ayudarlo a comprender lo que esto significa para usted y los pasos que hemos dado para garantizar la protección de sus datos personales, hemos actualizado nuestra Politica de Privacidad y los Términos de Servicio. La Politica de Privacidad y los Términos de Servicio actualizados entran en vigencia automáticamente para todos los usuarios de epifumi.com el 25 de mayo de 2018. Si continúa utilizando nuestro servicio, acepta los cambios a estas políticas. Un saludo. OK Más Información.

Autor Tema: ¿Fonsi en MotoGP?  (Leído 2818 veces)

Desconectado Epifumi

• Administrador
  • King Kenny
  • Moto: BMW R1200GS LC
¿Fonsi en MotoGP?
« Respuesta #15 en: 13 de Febrero de 2007, 08:05:52 am »
Está claro que cuentan con los dos para toda la temporada

Entrevistas a OJ

OLIVIER JACQUE

Olivier Jacque will make a welcome return to full time racing as part of Kawasaki's new look MotoGP squad in 2007. The versatile Frenchman is one of the most experienced riders in motorcycling and can count the 250cc world championship in 2000 as the highlight of an outstanding career.

Now 33, Jacque began racing at 17 and has been on two wheels ever since, progressing through the French national 125cc series, the 250cc European championship and then to the 250cc world championship with the Tech3 Yamaha Team. After winning the world title Jacque moved up to the premier 500cc class and then into the four-stroke MotoGP championship, his success rate only hampered by a series of injuries.

Jacque came to the attention of the Kawasaki Racing Team as a wild card rider and his value as a test and development rider was quickly recognised, a role that has led to the rebirth of his race career in the factory team. As a wild card in the 2005 Chinese Grand Prix, Jacque scored Kawasaki's best MotoGP result with a superb second place. This is just one of the 35 podiums, 17 pole positions and seven victories (in 250cc) that Jacque has scored in all classes of GP racing.

Q: After two years as test rider for Kawasaki, what was your reaction when you were asked to become a full time race rider in MotoGP for the 2007 season?

A: It was a dream come true, and in some ways it was a complete surprise, but a very pleasant surprise. Actually, I was hoping to have been a race rider with Kawasaki in 2006 but they selected a young guy instead and I can understand the reasons for that decision. At the end of the 2005 season my performances were not that strong so it made sense for Kawasaki to sign a young rider for the future. But now this race contract is like a new beginning in my career.

Q: You stayed in the Kawasaki family as a test rider in 2006, but had you given up hope that one day you could return to MotoGP racing?

A: Not really, but I was happy to accept the position of test rider which has been a very interesting experience. But I did become a little bored by not racing. I was doing many, many laps which was important for Kawasaki to improve the bike but this is not like the challenge of racing, which is a great personal satisfaction. And then, at the end of last season when I knew that Shinya Nakano was leaving Kawasaki I told the team that, if there was an opportunity, I wanted to race again, because I missed racing.

Q: So you never lost the motivation to be back racing full time?

A: No. I had a very strong motivation to race again, and a very strong desire that it should be with Kawasaki because I really like the way they work in MotoGP. Plus Kawasaki is a relatively new team to MotoGP and this project, now with the 800cc regulations, is very interesting. It was also an attraction to work with people I knew from my 250cc career, like Ichiro Yoda (Racing Director), who trusts in me. And the grand prix team is a young team, with a good outlook, this appealed to me.

Q: Do you think your background as a test and development rider with Kawasaki will be of benefit now you are in the race team?

A: Yes, this experience is an advantage for me because it will assist in better understanding the direction of the technical development of the bike.

Q: And the new 800cc MotoGP class, what do you think?

A: I like the concept, it's an exciting new rule for MotoGP.

Q: And what about riding style, is there any difference between the new 800cc bikes and the previous 990cc machines?

A: I don't think there is such a big difference in riding style between the bikes. When the 800cc machines first appeared there were actually many comparisons to the riding style of a 250cc two-stroke, but now I think this comparison is not so valid. At the beginning the relative lack of power with an 800, compared to a 990, is perhaps why some riders were comparing the bikes to 250s, but not anymore.

Q: What do think is the potential of the 800cc Ninja ZX-RR and the Kawasaki team this year?

A: I think the potential will be strong, and perhaps surprise a few people. When I first rode the 800cc ZX-RR in testing it was already a very good motorcycle and during the winter programme we have developed a strong base for this season. There have not been any major problems, but as always in racing it is difficult to make predictions, especially compared to your rivals before the season has started. What is certain is that we will have to continue to work hard to constantly improve the level of our own performance.

Q: It appears there is now a lower level of electronic control on the new 800cc motors, compared to the more powerful 990s. What impact will this have on the riders?

A: Yes, that's correct. One outcome of this will be to make the competition closer between all of the manufacturers. And for the riders it will mean less electronics to deal with, and put more importance on rider input, especially over a race distance.

Q: Your teammate this year is another French rider, the emerging MotoGP star Randy de Puniet. What do you think this all-French combination?

A: For me this is a very good situation, and I have a good relationship with Randy. We have had some good times together socially, most recently in Japan. At the racetrack we have a strong working relationship, very professional. We can talk about the bike and compare our information and try to increase our speed together. It's a friendly atmosphere, this is important.

Q: How have you been preparing for the new season?

A: As soon as it was confirmed that I would be a race rider in MotoGP this year I have been doing a lot of hard training over the winter; I want to show faith in Kawasaki for this opportunity. Mainly just a lot of fitness work in the gymnasium. Unlike many riders I don't use bikes in my training, such as motocross or supermotard, I ride bikes enough during the grand prix season.

Q: Long and exhausting pre-season test days are part of the MotoGP season. Is there a difference in the approach to testing and racing?

A: In testing you have to use your experience and work time with the team in a different way, obviously to maximise the performance of the bike, and there is more time available. But during a grand prix weekend there are only two hours per day on the track before the race, so the focus is more on lap times and being ready for the race. It is more intense.

Q: You have had a long and varied grand prix career, including winning the 250cc world championship in 2000. What are some of your personal highlights?

A: The first would be winning the 250cc world championship, which was a very satisfying result for me. And the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai in 2005 was also a special moment, one that I could share with Kawasaki. It was a wet race, a lot of rain, and I finished second which was Kawasaki's best result in MotoGP. And then signing on as a factory race rider with Kawasaki was a very happy moment for me.

Q: In 2007 there are 18 races on the calendar, the longest ever GP season. What do think about this schedule?

A: I'll tell you at the end of the season, but for sure it is a lot of work!

Q: Racing motorcycles has been your life, but if were not a professional rider, what would you be doing?

A: I would like to open a sushi bar, because I love Japanese food. And I would probably be involved in the sport in some way, perhaps in a technical area with a team.

Q: You live in London, what's that like?

A: I enjoy London a lot, although it can be quite cold in winter. And there are some good sushi restaurants there, and clubs to go to with my friends. There also are some great places, like Portobello, away from the tourist areas plus the theatre - I like musical comedy. I live near the King's Road in Chelsea, the Sloane Street area, and there are always a lot of interesting things to do.

Q: You have a new helmet design this year, is that of special significance?

A: No, not really, there is no special meaning. I got together with my designer and we just wanted to make something very different for this season.

Q: What are your personal goals for the 2007 season?

A: Just to be racing at my top level, to get the best out of myself and the Kawasaki ZX-RR - that's it. If I do that I'm sure some positive results will flow during the season.

Y a RdP

RANDY DE PUNIET

Randy de Puniet is one of the emerging young stars of MotoGP, entering his second season at the elite level of racing with Kawasaki. By his own judgement his rookie season in 2006 was not easy, a learning year slowed by some unlucky crashes and injuries.

But, having achieved a childhood dream of reaching MotoGP, the five-time 250cc GP winner is now aiming for success in the premier class. He is intent on improving on his rookie season result of 16th in the championship standings, and the 25 year-old Frenchman has shown impressive speed in pre-season testing, with a smooth transition to the new 800cc ZX-RR.

In 2007 he will race alongside the experienced Olivier Jacque in an all-French squad at Kawasaki. From scooter racing as a youngster to the ZX-RR in 2007, De Puniet is out show to that he has a winning future with Kawasaki in MotoGP.

Q: What are your feelings in advance of your second season in MotoGP with Kawasaki?

A: I'm feeling very positive about the new season, I feel very settled now with the Kawasaki team. One of the most important things for me as a rider is that my crew chief and mechanics are same as last year; it is very good to have the same staff. We did a lot of hard work last year, even though my results were not that satisfying, and I'm looking forward to a much stronger season.

Q: Looking back, what were some of the problems you encountered last year?

A: As a rookie I had a lot to learn and everyone understood that, but even so I thought I was unlucky with some crashes and injuries. I was an innocent victim of that big, six-rider crash in the Barcelona race and those things do not help in your rookie season. But I'm looking ahead, not back, this is a new year and I'm very positive.

Q: Have you set any goals that you would like to achieve?

A: My first target is to improve at every race and improve my consistency over the race distance, which is what I have been working on during the winter testing. We have a very good base with the new 800cc ZX-RR and I'm looking to go a step forward with my own riding performance. But there are now a lot of factory bikes and very good riders in MotoGP, so it will not be easy.

Q: How have you had to adapt your style to riding the new 800cc machine?

A: Without the same level of power as with the previous 990cc bike you brake later and carry more corner speed, so I have done a lot of work on adjusting my style to suit the new bike. For me, it's a nice feeling as a rider on the 800, my first impression was very positive and after many laps in testing I'm enjoying it even more.

Q: What do you feel will be the important areas for a fast lap time on the 800?

A: Perhaps the key factor this season will be good tyre life and durability, especially at the end of the races because of the close competition. And braking stability will also be very important, as this will assist in carrying higher corner speeds.

Q: You come from a background of 250cc grands prix, has this helped in the transition to the 800cc concept?

A: Not so much, because I don't think the 250cc riding style is exactly what is required on the 800. Now on the 800cc ZX-RR I'm working on moving my weight around to able to pick the bike up earlier on corner exit, and get on the throttle earlier. And during the winter tests I have been concentrating on doing race simulations, so that I can understand how to change my style towards the end of race when the tyre performance is going down, to be more consistent. At some of the tests I have done a long race run each day.

Q: How have you prepared for the 2007 season?

A: I have done a lot of cycling and motocross, and also some supermotard riding. In the winter break I have been out with some other French riders, Regis Laconi and Fabien Foret, and we do 45 minute runs on motocross bikes, which I think is more exhausting than a MotoGP race. I'm hoping this will help my endurance over the race distance this season. I've also done some work in the gym, but once the season starts you need to balance fitness with recovery time, because it's a long year.

Q: For the first time there will 18 races in the MotoGP championship, what do think about this?

A: I like racing so this is not a problem for me. The difficult part will be in May and until the end of June, that is a busy period on the calendar, but it's the same for everyone. This season will be an important one for me, so I hope there are not too many surprises.

Q: Did you get some time for holidays and to relax during the winter break?

A: Yes, I was in Ireland with my girlfriend for ten days and then mainly at home training, maintaining my fitness and just relaxing.

Q: And where is home for you?

A: I live in Andorra. It's a nice place and in the winter there is snow, which is a lot of fun, plus I have many friends there.

Q: And this year there are two French riders in the Kawasaki team...

A: It's great, the more French riders in MotoGP the better. For Kawasaki this was the best choice this season because Olivier has been the test rider and doing a lot of work with the team. I already had a two year contract and I'm happy OJ will be racing with us this year.

Q: With less electronic control on the 800cc motors this year will this mean the opportunity for greater rider input?

A: Yes, there will be more influence from the rider and I prefer that, especially towards the end of a race when you have to manage the tyres. Fortunately it is not like F1, this is important, because in MotoGP the rider can make the difference.

Q: What is the difference between testing and racing?

A: Testing is more relaxed even though it is an eight hour day at the track, which can sometimes mean 85 laps. But you do not have the same pressure as a race weekend when there is less time. At the race weekends I try to carry over that relaxed approach because when you are relaxed it is easier to perform at your maximum.

Q: Do you have some favourite tracks in MotoGP?

A: I like the fast circuits, like Mugello, Sepang and Barcelona but not so much tracks like China and Estoril.

Q: What is the best part of being a MotoGP rider?

A: Just to be able to ride these bikes, which are at the top level of performance in motorcycling. My dream is keep doing this for a long time and become one of the top riders in the world.

Q: This year you will race with number 14, not your usual number 17. Why?

A: Last year was not a good season for me so I thought I would change from number 17. I wanted to use number 7 but Carlos Checa uses this number - so it is 14, two times seven.

Sígueme en Spotify" title="Sígueme en Spotify